Our office is closed this month for the summer. But we have exciting things lined up for you in July!
3 Book Launches @ 3 Iconic Singapore’s monuments
– 1 book (about Lee Kuan Yew’s favourite tree) that we published
– 1 book (about Singapore’s first lady) that we helped with the research
– 1 set of 5 books (with stories that Brownies and Girl Guides submitted) that we served as honorary consultant and editor
Also, our Helang Books team is featured in the A-list. Read about it!
– Hidayah Amin will be moderating a session at the Asian Festival of Children’s Content (AFCC) – Literacy for Special-Needs Children: Catering to their Learning Needs
– Singapore book launch of ‘My Name is Nadia. I have Autism.’ will be on 20 May (Sat), 4.30pm at Level 1, The Plaza, National Library Building.
Guess which of our books is featured in BiblioAsia Vol. 13, Issue 1, April-June 2017 (Reclamation and Reincarnation) issue?
We had just received the latest Brownbook. What a lovely urban guide! Proud to read the article about Hidayah Amin’s childhood neighbourhood. She mentioned about Kampong Glam’s rich literary past in the article.
Read our latest book – ‘My Name is Nadia. I have Autism.’ This bilingual book is the first in the ‘I am Unique’ series. Sale proceeds go to charities that support special needs kids. Get it now!
Those in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, get the books at the following charity events:
1. National Autism Society of Malaysia (NASOM)’s 30th Anniversary at the Gombak Centre (celebration to be held at Padang Permainan Taman Melewar Gombak) on 4 March 2017
2. Autism Awareness Day at Publika Mall, Kuala Lumpur on 2 April 2017
Helang Books will give complimentary copies to relevant organisations that support special needs kids in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
*Participate in our events and stand to win attractive book vouchers!
– ‘Si Ma Guang and the Giant Jar’ has been chosen for inclusion in the 2017 IBBY Selection of Outstanding Books for Young People with Disabilities. Our book will be premiered at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair from 3rd to 6th April.
– We are happy to conduct a sharing session at the Singapore Management University about media and the Singapore business landscape with 6 PhD students from Colegio de San Juan de Letran.
Here’s to an exciting and fulfilling 2017! Arriba!
We had a great AFCC 2016! Thank you all for dropping by our booth, and attending our panel session and book launch.
We will be conducting 2 creative writing workshops for Brownies and Girl Guides this month.
Our office will be closed in the summer as we prepare for the another exciting event on 23 July at the Malay Heritage Centre (MHC) Auditorium.
Have a blessed Ramadan!
Happy Labour Day holidays!
Join us this month for:
- To S.I.R (Socially Inclusive Reads) with Love
A socially inclusive picture book for kids, with or without special needs
Tan Ai Khim (Design Lecturer / Designer-Illustrator, NAFA/ Helang Books), Hidayah Amin (Publisher, Helang Books), Lee Seow Ser (Writer & Editor, Helang Books)
Panel will discuss production of inclusive picture books imbued with values, containing Braille, dyslexia-friendly font and tactile illustrative elements, to meet the needs of readers with different needs and abilities.
Date: 29 May 2016 (Sunday)
Time: 11.15 am
Venue: B1, Multipurpose Room, NLB Building